PTE 2020-02 Obituaries: Mistakes and Misunderstandings (Part 2: Common Questions About Compliance with PTE 2020-02)
Please join us for this series focused on the U.S. Department of Labor’s (DOL) Prohibited Transaction Exemption 2020 and potential pitfalls of the exemption. The series will focus on what may be misunderstood about the exemption.
The U.S. Department of Labor has expanded its interpretation of the ERISA and Code regulatory definitions of non-discretionary fiduciary investment advice. Please join us for the second webinar in this series where Faegre Drinker attorneys will discuss specific issues, including:
- Actual plan data: Can it be found?
- Participant admonition for alternate plan data.
- Alternate plan data: Investments, services and expenses.
- Alternate plan data: Can the Form 5500 help with small plans?
- Specific reasons: How individualized must the reasons be?
- Policies and Procedures: The best interest process and mitigation of firm and individual conflicts.
- Covered retirement accounts: How do the SEC requirements affect rollover recommendations to retirement plans not covered by ERISA?
- “Old” IRAs: Is conflicted advice to IRAs set up before PTE 2020-02 covered by the PTE?
11:00 a.m. – Noon PT
Noon – 1:00 p.m. MT
1:00 – 2:00 p.m. CT
2:00 – 3:00 p.m. ET
Have a scheduling conflict? Register for the live event, and we’ll send you the on-demand recording shortly after the broadcast date.
Questions? Please contact Heather Sanders or call +1 215 988 1127.