With the change in administration, regulatory agencies likely will scrutinize regulations and guidance, and take action to propose new and modified regulations. A panel of attorneys from Faegre Drinker’s Best Interest Compliance team engaged in a lively discussion of what’s ahead for RIAs including:
- The DOL expanded definition of fiduciary advice
- The DOL prohibited transaction exemption for conflicted advice
- The DOL rule on selecting funds that use environmental, social and governance factors (ESG funds)
- Compliance with Reg BI and the RIA Interpretation
- The DOL proxy voting rule
- Missing participant guidance
Questions? Please contact Heather Sanders or call +1 215 988 1127.