Speaking Engagement Recap
December 08, 2021
26th Annual Conference on Drug & Medical Device Litigation
Taking Down the Rising Behemoth: Combatting Plaintiff Tactics That Are Transforming MDLs Into the Machines We See Today
New York, NY
Susan Sharko, along with inside counsel of Zimmer Biomet, joins the panel, “Taking Down the Rising Behemoth: Combatting Plaintiff Tactics That Are Transforming MDLs Into the Machines We See Today.” The topics they discuss include:
- How they fuel litigation
- How to defend litigation involving recalled products
- Developing concrete strategies to neutralize the effects of increasingly aggressive plaintiffs’ advertising: What are some of the specific things companies can do? Have there been any successful strategies thus far?
- Limiting plaintiff advertising: taking an aggressive stance against false or misleading messages to the public
Third-Party Litigation Funding
- Mitigating challenges created by Third-Party Litigation Funding (TPLF) in the mass tort arena
- Proactive measures that companies can take to push back on the effects of TPLF
- Recent state law strides towards requiring disclosure of TPLF agreements in civil lawsuits.
Initial Census Forms
- Examining how the data and analytics from initial census forms are being used to weed out meritless claims
- How have the use of these forms been playing out in recent prominent MDLs?
- How is the data in these forms impacting judicial decisions and future proceedings?
- Assessing the pros and cons of these census registries, and how they may impact MDLs moving forward
- Using social media and online investigation tools to identify and control meritless claims early-on
New York Marriott Marquis
New York, NY 10036