Susan Sharko, along with inside counsel of Zimmer Biomet, joins the panel, “Taking Down the Rising Behemoth: Combatting Plaintiff Tactics That Are Transforming MDLs Into the Machines We See Today.” The topics they discuss include:
- How they fuel litigation
- How to defend litigation involving recalled products
- Developing concrete strategies to neutralize the effects of increasingly aggressive plaintiffs’ advertising: What are some of the specific things companies can do? Have there been any successful strategies thus far?
- Limiting plaintiff advertising: taking an aggressive stance against false or misleading messages to the public
Third-Party Litigation Funding
- Mitigating challenges created by Third-Party Litigation Funding (TPLF) in the mass tort arena
- Proactive measures that companies can take to push back on the effects of TPLF
- Recent state law strides towards requiring disclosure of TPLF agreements in civil lawsuits.
Initial Census Forms
- Examining how the data and analytics from initial census forms are being used to weed out meritless claims
- How have the use of these forms been playing out in recent prominent MDLs?
- How is the data in these forms impacting judicial decisions and future proceedings?
- Assessing the pros and cons of these census registries, and how they may impact MDLs moving forward
- Using social media and online investigation tools to identify and control meritless claims early-on