Church plans are unique in many ways. Churches and church-related organizations that sponsor retirement plans for their employees are often not subject to the same rules that non-church plans may be subject to under the Internal Revenue Code (Code) and/or the Employee Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA). Unfortunately, some have taken this difference in application to mean that church plans are not subject to certain fiduciary rules or have little to no fiduciary obligations. This has been disproven in recent litigation of church plans.
This webinar will dispel the “fiduciary” myth and look at what fiduciary duties apply — whether they arise under ERISA or state law. Specifically, this webinar will address the following:
- What body of law determines fiduciary responsibilities in church plans?
- Should church plans have an investment policy statement (IPS)?
- How should church plan fiduciaries monitor fees and expenses?
- What compliance and non-discrimination issues should be top of mind?
Join us for this one-hour webinar to discuss these and other best practices for church plan sponsors.
9:00 – 10:00 a.m. PT
10:00 – 11:00 a.m. MT
11:00 – Noon p.m. CT
Noon – 1:00 p.m. ET
5:00 – 6:00 p.m. GMT
- Heather B. Abrigo, Faegre Drinker
- Joey Biggerstaff, CRPC™, ARC Retirement Plan Group
- Joshua J. Waldbeser, Faegre Drinker
Questions? Please contact Kelley Stephens or call +1 317 237 1161.
Investment Advice offered through Advisor Resource Council (ARC), a registered investment advisor. ARC is not affiliated with the law firm of Faegre Drinker.