What We Offer
- Competitive bonus for former clerks joining us directly from federal or state and appellate courts
- Development year credit for clerkship experience
- Network of clerks with shared experience at the firm. More than 200 of our attorneys have served as judicial clerks, including for the Supreme Court, U.S. courts of appeal, U.S. district courts and state supreme courts.
- Challenging, sophisticated legal work for top clients
- Opportunity to work on dynamic, collaborative teams
- Time for family and outside interests
- Support to develop community involvement. Up to 100 hours of pro bono time and up to 50 hours of diversity and inclusion activities can be counted toward an associate’s annual creditable hours expectation.
Who We’re Seeking
Faegre Drinker is looking for judicial clerks to join directly from federal courts or state appellate and supreme courts.
Who We Work With
We serve top clients, including many Fortune 500 companies, and focus on client service and results. Our multidisciplinary industry teams provide clients with a deep understanding of their business processes and needs across services.
Associate Development Program
Entry-level associates and those joining directly from a clerkship participate in a six-week immersive program designed to focus first on orientation and practical skills training followed by four weeks of practice-focused substantive training. Faegre Drinker’s First Year Associate Development Program provides our new associates the unique opportunity to fully engage in training before they begin discharging billable work. Once associates complete this six-week program, they begin work on billable matters and participate in the firm’s apprenticeship program. The apprenticeship program provides first year associates the opportunities to shadow more senior lawyers (shadow activities may include court appearances, hearings, depositions, client meetings, negotiations, closings, drafting sessions, conference calls with clients, etc.), and receiving hours credit (apprentice hours) for participating in such activities.
Building Your Career
We support our associates’ career development through meaningful work experiences, technical and business development training, mentorship, service to communities, and other opportunities for professional growth and advancement. We also have an in-house writing coach who is here to help you enhance your writing skills. They host presentations and works individually with associates on writing assignments.