Richard E. Michaels and Catherine C. Gryczan in the Chicago office of Faegre Baker Daniels LLP have been added as 2012 Illinois Leading Lawyers in the International Business and Trade Law category. Seven additional Faegre Baker Daniels attorneys were once again designated as Illinois Leading Lawyers in their practice areas.
As part of the Leading Lawyers Network, Michaels and Gryczan are among Illinois' most reputable, experienced lawyers in their practice areas. Michaels has been listed as a Leading Lawyer since the inception of the network and Gryczan for three prior years, both in Closely and Privately Held Business Law. This is the first time the two also have been selected to the International Business and Trade Law category.
Illinois attorneys are selected for inclusion in the Leading Lawyers Network based on their quality, experience and reputation. Thousands of public sector, private practice, nonprofit and corporate counsel in Illinois nominate attorneys they trust for inclusion, and attorneys cannot nominate themselves or anyone at their law firm. Based on survey nomination and approval by the Leading Lawyers Network Advisory Board, top lawyers are eligible for membership in the network.
Michaels is the managing partner of Faegre Baker Daniels' Chicago office, and focuses in corporate law. His background as a certified public accountant enhances his ability to advise corporate clients in commercial matters on a global scale. He has experience counseling financial services, medical device, manufacturing and transportation companies of all sizes in U.S. and international mergers and acquisitions, distribution, financing and other transactional matters.
Gryczan focuses her practice in mergers and acquisitions and general business advice. She is experienced in counseling companies with U.S. and multinational operations, including medical device companies, biotech and other innovative technology-based companies, manufacturers, professional services firms and consumer goods retailers. She often serves as an extension of in-house legal departments as outside general counsel to her clients.
Faegre Baker Daniels' 2012 Illinois Leading Lawyers
• David M. Allen — Commercial Litigation, ADR Law: Commercial Litigation Health Law
• Catherine C. Gryczan — Closely & Privately Held Business Law, International Business & Trade Law
• Michael J. Kanute — Products Liability Defense Law
• Thomas M. Lynch — Commercial Litigation
• Richard E. Michaels — Closely & Privately Held Business Law, International Business & Trade Law
• Christopher J. Reckamp — Intellectual Property Law
• Kurt Stitcher — Class Action/Mass Tort Defense Law, Commercial Litigation, Product Liability Defense Law
• Ernest Summers, III — Insurance, Insurance Coverage & Reinsurance Law
• David L. Weinstein — Employment Law: Management
The Leading Lawyers Network is managed by the Law Bulletin Publishing Company, which also publishes Chicago Lawyer magazine, the Chicago Daily Law Bulletin, the Chicago Law Journal, Sullivan's Law Directory and several other legal publications.