Environmental Compliance and Enforcement Actions
Ann advises clients on compliance issues arising under:
- The Comprehensive Environmental Response, Compensation and Liability Act (CERCLA)
- The Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA)
- The Clean Air Act (CAA)
- The Clean Water Act (CWA)
- Various state and local regulations
- Contractual environmental indemnity provisions
She frequently represents businesses in enforcement actions relating to violations of air and waste statutes and regulations, including the development of supplemental environmental projects to assist in settlement. She also advises on release reporting obligations and all aspects of emergency response.
When informal dispute resolution fails, Ann represents clients in litigation arising from environmental matters. This includes litigation under traditional environmental laws, as well as contractual environmental obligations and common law issues.
Ann counsels corporations on their environmental obligations and liability during real estate and M&A transactions, including brownfield issues.