Patrick leads teams of our experienced and dedicated professionals to achieve the goals of our clients in and out of the courtroom. He is dedicated to travel the world to meet our clients, learn their businesses and protect their interests.
Patrick served as law clerk to the Hon. Paddy H. McNamara in the Law Division of the Circuit Court of Cook County and worked in the Frauds Bureau of the Office of the District Attorney of New York County (Manhattan).
- Obtained summary judgment of non-infringement for a major manufacturer of mobile phones and also Rule 11 sanctions against opposing counsel with an award to our client of attorney fees
- Argued and won for a major electronics manufacturer a leading Federal Circuit precedent on the preclusive effects of PTAB decisions on other proceedings
- Obtained affirmance of a non-infringement judgment in favor of his client a mere five days after oral argument before the Federal Circuit
- Won the reversal of a $20 million antitrust jury verdict
- Obtained a writ of mandamus to protect a client's attorney-client privilege
- Obtained many favorable summary judgments, verdicts, and appellate results for clients in more than 25 states — his cases have twice reached the U.S. Supreme Court
Patrick lives in Chicago with his spouse, Mitchel, and their dog, Jameson. He spent several years in Ireland as a child and still holds citizenship there and in the United States. Patrick enjoys travel for work and pleasure and has a knack for “always getting it right.”