Fiduciary and Probate/Trust Litigation
Sarah advises and represents corporate fiduciaries and charitable nonprofits in:
- Asset protection litigation
- Will and trust contests, modifications and construction/reformation actions
- Breach of fiduciary duty and fiduciary removal actions
- Business and asset valuation disputes
- Contests of inter vivos transfers
- Accounting contests
- Charitable trusts and foundation disputes
- Power-of-attorney disputes and guardianships
Sarah has experience in antitrust and real estate disputes as well as cases involving shareholder disputes, breach of licensing/contract, fraudulent inducement, insurance coverage and other business matters.
Sarah represents insurance companies in coverage disputes, interpleaders, negligent underwriting and privacy claims, enforcement actions, and multidistrict litigation in antitrust cases. She has defended companies that provide health, life, home, auto and business insurance products in state, federal and appellate courts. With years of experience in the industry, she understands the business issues at stake for insurers.
Skilled at representing clients in litigation, Sarah also encourages clients to take proactive measures to manage the risk of legal action. In this counseling role, she has advised corporate fiduciaries, professional advisors, nonprofits, insurance and financial entities, foundations, churches and religious organizations, and individuals and families.