Jason manages multidistrict litigation proceedings and parallel civil and regulatory proceedings, as well as appellate litigation. He frequently defends clients against civil investigative demands, subpoenas, and proceedings brought by state insurance regulators and attorneys general, and assists clients with business practice reviews and litigation exposure analyses.
In addition to handling all types of regulatory and state statutory violations, Jason represents insurance companies in administrative proceedings involving customer complaints and has extensive experience with broker-dealer regulatory and compliance issues, having served as lead counsel in numerous Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA) securities arbitrations.
Other areas of focus:
- Unfair competition and deceptive trade practices claims
- Elder financial abuse related to life insurance and annuities
- High-exposure punitive damages litigation
- Class actions involving sales to seniors
- Fixed and variable life insurance and annuity products
- Securities and consumer fraud
- Bad-faith claims
- Sales practices and post-sale administration of insurance and investment products
Jason is a frequent author and speaker on a variety of topics, including class action developments.