Trusts and Estates
Working closely with clients, Quin designs sophisticated estate plans for wealthy clients, guiding them in asset protection and succession planning for family businesses and foundations. He helps clients understand and establish appropriate trusts, including:
- Insurance trusts
- Dynasty trusts and sales to grantor trusts
- Grantor-retained annuity trusts
- Qualified personal residence trusts
- Charitable remainder trusts and wealth replacement trusts
- Charitable lead trusts
Quin is valued for his ability to advise clients on establishing public charities, private foundations (both operating and nonoperating foundations) and supporting organizations. He manages estate and trust taxation and administration issues and represents personal representatives, trustees, guardians and other fiduciaries.
Will and Trust Disputes and Construction
Quin works closely with the firm’s litigation practice to represent individuals and charitable organizations as beneficiaries in will and trust disputes, as well as individual and corporate fiduciaries in will and trust construction matters.
- Loyola University Chicago Law School — Adjunct Professor, 1980-81
- Comic book, stamp and sports card collecting