Marita negotiates and drafts plans and disclosure statements, asset purchase agreements and related documents. She is also an effective litigator who has achieved favorable outcomes for clients in federal and state courts. She routinely prosecutes and defends clients in avoidance action litigation, including preference and fraudulent transfer actions.
A New Jersey Law Journal article featured Marita as one of the “Saviors of St. Mary’s” for her work on the Chapter 11 reorganization of St. Mary’s Hospital in Passaic, New Jersey.
- Representation of St. Mary’s Hospital, Passaic, New Jersey, through its Chapter 11 reorganization
- Representation of the Indenture Trustee for ten industrial revenue bond issues totaling over $1.2 billion, largest unsecured creditor on the official unsecured creditors committee, in the American Airlines bankruptcy
- Representation of Creditors Committee and Liquidating Trusts of Advanta Corp. and its affiliated Debtors
- Representation of a wholesale distributor of dairy and related food products during liquidation and involuntary Chapter 7 proceedings
- Representation of a global owner, operator and developer of industrial real estate in real estate and bankruptcy litigation
- Representation of a health insurance provider in a reimbursement dispute with a class of out-of-network medical professionals
- Representation of former board members of Hoboken Municipal Hospital Authority in fiduciary duty litigation with liquidating trustee of the estate of Hudson Health Care