Marita is also an effective litigator who has achieved favorable outcomes for clients in federal and state court, and both prosecutes and defends avoidance action litigation, including preference and fraudulent transfer actions.
A particular source of pride: the New Jersey Law Journal featured Marita as one of the “Saviors of St. Mary’s” for her work on the Chapter 11 reorganization of St. Mary’s Hospital in Passaic, New Jersey.
- Representation of a global owner, operator and developer of industrial real estate in bankruptcy litigation nationwide
- Representation of Allied Technologies, L.L.C., and its affiliated debtors through its Chapter 11 liquidation
- Representation of the Motors Liquidation Company GUC Trust
- Representation of the Indenture Trustee for Senior Secured Notes in the Murray Energy Corporation bankruptcy
- Representation of the Indenture Trustee for 10 industrial revenue bond issues totaling more than $1.2 billion — the largest unsecured creditor on the official unsecured creditors committee — in the American Airlines bankruptcy
- Representation of the Creditors Committee of The LaSalle Group, Inc., and its affiliated debtors
- Representation of the Creditors Committee and Liquidating Trusts of Advanta Corp. and its affiliated debtors
- Representation of St. Mary’s Hospital in Passaic, New Jersey, through its Chapter 11 reorganization
- Representation of a wholesale distributor of dairy and related food products during liquidation and involuntary Chapter 7 proceedings
- Representation of a health insurance provider in a reimbursement dispute with a class of out-of-network medical professionals
- Representation of former board members of the Hoboken Municipal Hospital Authority in fiduciary duty litigation with the liquidating trustee of the estate of Hudson Health Care