Control and Equity Transactions
Dave advises private equity firms, family offices and other financial sponsors in structuring and completing platform, add-on and exit transactions and on the debt and equity financing used to complete such transactions. He has worked on transactions in a range of industries, particularly in information technology, health care, consumer products and industrial manufacturing.
Dave also counsels corporate clients on strategic transactions, including joint ventures and mergers and acquisitions. He has extensive experience with high-value transactions for pharmaceutical industry clients.
- Milestone Partners and its portfolio companies in a large number of acquisition, recapitalization and other transactions, including the acquisitions of the Electromac Group, Image API, Pancon Corporation, Avure Technologies, Freestyle Solutions and United Road Towing
- PeakEquity Partners in its acquisition of EnterpriseDB and G5 Search Marketing
- Guardian Capital in its acquisition of numerous businesses, including Rio Brands, Engineered Network Systems and CIS Global
- Covance Inc. in its $1.6 billion strategic alliance with Eli Lilly and Company and its $2 billion strategic alliance with Sanofi-Aventis
- Bruckmann, Rosser, Sherrill & Co. and its portfolio companies in close to $1 billion of leveraged acquisition and disposition transactions, including the leveraged buyouts of Marshall Retail Group, Sheridan Group, California Pizza Kitchen, Restaurant Associates, Il Fornaio Restaurants, Charlie Brown's Steakhouse and Acapulco Restaurants
- The investor group constituting the stalking horse bidder in the 2010 Philadelphia Newspapers bankruptcy sale
- Apax Partners in the acquisition and subsequent sale of Princeton Softech, a licensor of database archiving software, to IBM and in its recapitalization with Thoma Cressey of Web Clients, Inc.
- Campbell Soup Company in its $1.2 billion spin-off of Vlasic Foods