Timothy Casey makes the best out of difficult corporate financial circumstances as he advocates for parties to out-of-court corporate workouts and restructurings, receiverships, Chapter 11 reorganizations, Chapter 7 liquidations and other insolvency proceedings. Tim also advises clients in corporate finance and other corporate matters.
- Secured and unsecured creditors
- Creditors’ committees
- Assignees for the benefit of creditors
- Indenture trustees
- Purchasers of assets
- Parties to financing transactions
In such representations, Tim negotiates and drafts plans of reorganization, disclosure statements, workout agreements and commercial transaction documents, including purchase and sale agreements, loan documents, opinion letters in securitized financings, and new trust indenture and related agreements. He also litigates in bankruptcy and other courts.
Tim speaks on restructuring and bankruptcy issues, including health care insolvencies, successor liability, zone of insolvency and distressed asset sales at both national and local conferences.
Services & Industries
U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit
U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
John Carroll University
The John Marshall Law School
Insights & Events
Leadership & Community
Tim volunteers at the Bankruptcy Help Desk in the U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Northern District of Illinois.
- American Bankruptcy Institute
- Chicago Bar Association
- Turnaround Management Association
- Active participant in the firm’s Working in the Schools (WITS) program, which provides guidance and tutoring to students from Chicago public schools
- Former adjunct faculty supervisor for the Business Enterprise Law Clinic at the UIC John Marshall Law School
- Drinker Biddle & Reath LLP — Public Interest Committee; Chair, Client Intake Committee; Opinions Committee; Pro Bono Committee, Chicago office
- Faegre Drinker — Pro Bono Honor Roll, 2020
- Bankruptcy & Workout Law: Commercial — “Leading Lawyers”
- Hon. John Powers Crowley Award— Recipient in recognition of pro bono legal services rendered to Chicagoland area residents