Antitrust Counsel, Investigations & Disputes
Alicia represents parties in merger and civil antitrust enforcement actions, FTC consumer protection enforcement actions, antitrust litigation, and antitrust counterclaims in intellectual property disputes. She works to resolve FTC and DOJ conduct enforcement investigations confidentially — without need for litigation or consent agreements.
Alicia has provided antitrust counsel to clients in the manufacturing, publishing, energy, biologics, chemical, defense, health care and financial services industries. She provides guidance and training to clients related to antitrust compliance with the Sherman, Clayton, FTC, Webb-Pomerene and Robinson-Patman Acts. She also provides distribution advice for manufacturers, multilevel distribution systems and dealers. Alicia guides clients entering into:
- Government antitrust conduct investigations
- Second Request and antitrust consent negotiations
- Strategic alliances or competitor collaborations
- Joint research or buying activities, including sharing of sensitive information
- Exclusive dealing arrangements, including bundling, rebate or loyalty programs
Alicia represents parties in antitrust litigation filed by both government enforcement agencies and private parties. She defends and represents companies pursuing claims under the United States and state antitrust laws, including.
- Sherman Act Section 1 and 2 Claims
- Clayton Act litigation
- Robinson-Patman litigation
- Antitrust counterclaims to intellectual property claims
Besides spending time with family and friends, Alicia spends her free time traveling, enjoying the outdoors and playing tennis. She is also active in Harvard alumni activities and served as a Freshman Class Convocation Marshal in 2017.