Hungry for the latest food law insights and developments?
Our Bite-Sized Legal webinar series is just the thing to satisfy your appetite. Sessions will highlight recent litigation trends and regulatory updates that are relevant to your day-to-day operations.
Join Us for Our Next Webinar
This session will focus on promotional claims and the various advertising buzzwords to describe health, wellness and sustainability benefits associated with a product. We’ll explore the legal standard applied to these statements and how to mitigate risks associated with consumer-directed health, wellness and sustainability claims and catch up on new developments and emerging trends in advertising law, including:
- The complex competitive landscape facing companies who advertise and market consumer products, foods and dietary supplements.
- Current issues facing companies as they develop innovative and creative advertising strategies.
10:00 – 11:00 a.m. PT
11:00 – Noon MT
Noon – 1:00 p.m. CT
1:00 – 2:00 p.m. ET
6:00 – 7:00 p.m. BST
Webinars in This Series
Session One (Wednesday, May 5, 2021) – Food Labeling Check-Up: The Latest Regulatory Requirements and Litigation Risks
Learn about the latest regulatory requirements and litigation risks in labeling food, beverage and dietary supplement products in this webinar designed to help keep you in step with emerging trends, including:
- The USDA’s National Bioengineered Food Disclosure Standard and FDA enforcement
- Expected requirements for sesame allergen labeling
- The latest class action claims and decisions related to food labeling and marketing, including litigation about:
- Ingredients and flavors
- Health and wellness claims
- Servings per container
- The latest evolution of “natural” claims
- Recent court interpretations of FDA regulations in the class context
Faegre Drinker’s food regulatory and litigation team will examine the interaction between government regulation and class-action litigation, and offer you practical tips for mitigating risk while communicating the best attributes of your product.
Session Two (Tuesday, June 15, 2021) – Litigation Considerations Arising From the Pandemic
This presentation will explore litigation trends in the food practice area arising from the COVID-19 pandemic. Covered topics include types of litigated claims, state and federal defenses, and jurisdictional questions, among others.
Questions? Please contact Mesha Hegna Goodwill or call +1 612 766 7145.