Chris also has experience with traditional labor and employment counseling and litigation. He helps employers handle the negotiation and administration of collective bargaining agreements, disputes with multiemployer pension plans and unfair labor practice charges filed with the National Labor Relations Board. Chris regularly advises clients on the development and implementation of employment policies, handbooks and agreements, in addition to conducting due diligence in corporate mergers and acquisitions and advising clients on compliance with the Family and Medical Leave Act and the Americans with Disabilities Act.
While in law school, Chris served as a judicial extern for the Honorable Robert E. Payne, U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia. Prior to attending law school, Chris worked in the human resources industry as an executive recruiter conducting national recruiting searches for executives in multiple industries.
- Managed discovery and drafted briefs in multiple successful arbitration proceedings against multiemployer pension plans
- Prepared position statements for multiple clients that secured dismissal of unfair labor practice charges before the National Labor Relations Board
- Assisted in the successful defeat of two petitions for representation election for construction industry client before the National Labor Relations Board
- Advised large mining company on labor relations matters, including the negotiation and maintenance of a collective bargaining agreement
- Conducted employment-related due diligence in acquisitions of government contractors and companies in the technology industry
- Secured findings of no discrimination for multiple clients in investigations with the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission