Kevin also advises on litigation prevention, hiring and reductions in force, and workplace investigations. He often provides corporate training on policy implementation, particularly concerning the Family and Medical Leave Act, the Americans with Disabilities Act, and the Fair Employment and Housing Act. Kevin is quoted in publications such as the Daily Journal, E! Entertainment and Bloomberg on issues affecting employers across the country, and is a frequent speaker at various events, including Advisen's Conference on Cyber Liability and Lorman Education Services seminars.
- Defense verdict and attorney fees award for a prestigious university in race discrimination trial.
- Defense verdict on behalf transportation company against allegations of race discrimination.
- Defended a prestigious university against whistleblower retaliation claims.
- Defended a California employer in arbitration against disability discrimination claims.
- Prevailed on a Federal Rule 12(b)(6) motion in case of first impression involving the enforcement of an out-of-state employer non-compete agreements in California.
- Prevailed at an NLRB hearing on behalf of a winery related to claims for unpaid wages and whistleblower retaliation.
- Prevailed in a bench trial against the EDD, who sought more than $450,000 in back unemployment contributions from employer.
- Led several California and national Equal Pay Act audits on behalf of employers, involving compensation, bonus, and equity structures.
- Conducted national and international workplace investigations.
- Recent investigations involve unequal pay and whistleblower claims.
In his spare time, Kevin competes in poker and backgammon and enjoys travels with his wife and daughter.