Grayson’s labor and employment practice is primarily dedicated to the firm’s affirmative action and OFCCP compliance team. Grayson works closely with federal contractors to build out robust and defensible affirmative action and equal opportunity employment programs. Grayson supports and defends contractors under OFCCP audit.
Grayson holds an M.S. in cybersecurity risk management and has a host of experience in cybersecurity and privacy work including data incident response and remediation, regulatory notification, compliance assessment, security policy, privacy counseling and managing engagements focused on preventative measures using HIPAA, ISO 27001, NIST CMF and other security frameworks.
Prior to joining the firm, Grayson worked as the student policy analyst for the Center of Applied Cybersecurity Research at Indiana University from 2016 to 2019. His research focused on the cybersecurity needs of the National Science Foundation’s large research facilities. Grayson presented his research on evidence-based cybersecurity at the 2018 NSF Cybersecurity Summit for Large Facilities and Cyberinfrastructure in Alexandria, Virginia.
Grayson also worked as a summer associate at a law firm in New Orleans, where he supported in researching and analyzing a wide variety of legal issues, including the support of cases heard in both civil and common law jurisdictions.
Grayson is a documentary film enthusiast. He previously worked at a documentary production company and presented at his alma mater’s documentary film showcase. A director himself, Grayson won the best student short film at the Hollywood Reel Independent Film Festival in 2015. He also screened a documentary short at the same festival in 2016.
Grayson grew up in Houston, Texas and was blessed with parents that took him to the Johnson Space Center a few too many times. He is fascinated with the history of manned spaceflight. In his free time, Grayson is committed to discovering the best breakfast food Indiana has to offer.
Certified Information Privacy Technologist, IAPP (2018)
M.S. in Cybersecurity Risk Management (2019)
Indiana University Maurer School of Law
Indiana University, Bloomington
B.A. in Journalism, with high distinction, Founders Scholar (2015)
Insights & Events
- 2017 Civil Practice Update
Speaker, Indiana Continuing Legal Education Forum, Indianapolis IN, June 17, 2017
- Evidence Based Cybersecurity
Speaker, 2018 NSF Cybersecurity Summit, Washington DC, August 23, 2018
Leadership & Community
- Indiana University Cybersecurity Masters Program — Clinical Fellow, 2020
- Indiana University Center for Applied Cybersecurity Research — Fellow, August 2019 - present
- International Association of Privacy Professionals — Member, October 2018 - present
- Sense Charter School — Member of the Board, 2020
- Access to Justice Service Learning Program, Indiana University Maurer School of Law — Fellow, 2017-19
- Faegre Drinker — Pro Bono Honor Roll, 2020-22
- Indiana University Maurer School of Law — Highest Grade in Constitutional Litigation, 2017
- Indiana University-Bloomington — Founder’s Scholar, 2015
- Indiana University-Bloomington — Executive Dean’s List, 2015
No aspect of these recognitions has been approved by the highest court of any state.