Rick has represented clients in various areas of constitutional law, including free speech, due process, equal protection and claims of excessive force. This includes the representation of Pennsylvania state prisoners on various claims brought pursuant to the Fourth and Fifth Amendments, including the partial reversal of a summary judgment ruling at the Third Circuit Court of Appeals for a client who claimed prison officials violated his due process rights during a disciplinary proceeding.
Prior to attending law school, he worked as a journalist for the Associated Press and The Legal Intelligencer.
- Represented Hewlett-Packard Company in dispute with subcontractor concerning the characterization and invoicing of certain IT services under worldwide master service agreement
- Represented technology company in multimillion dollar arbitration involving alleged breach of master services agreement
- Represented printing company in breach of contract action against comic book publisher
- Represented SAP America, Inc., in licensing dispute with AOL, Inc., in New York state court
- Served as lead associate in successful representation of mineral company involving $10 million breach of contract dispute in international arbitration
- Represented charter school founder against fraud charges by U.S. Department of Justice