As leader of the firm’s chemical patent practice, Jamie focuses primarily in the chemical, material and environmental arts. Her areas of technical expertise include:
- Battery technology.
- Alternative energy systems, including biofuel systems.
- Food science.
- Medical devices, including drug delivery devices and biomaterials for medical implants.
- Agricultural and commercial vehicles, including molded structural composites for commercial trucks, wear-resistant coatings, cooling systems, fuel injector assemblies and after-treatment emissions systems.
- Recreational products, including specialty materials for inflatable products, pool water treatment systems and ornamental designs of such products.
- Industrial building products, including composite roofing membranes.
Before joining Faegre Drinker and while earning an undergraduate degree in chemical engineering, Jamie gained invaluable pharmaceutical industry experience, working for both Eli Lilly and Company and Merck & Co.