Meaghan is particularly interested in helping employers navigate the rapidly changing restrictions on noncompetition agreements and worker classification, as well as the increased localization of anti-discrimination and anti-harassment statutes.
Meaghan represents employers against claims under:
- Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964
- Americans with Disabilities Act
- The Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA)
- Illinois Biometric Information Privacy Act (BIPA)
- The Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
- Equal Pay Act
- Local anti-discrimination, harassment, and anti-retaliation statutes and ordinances in states such as Minnesota, New Jersey, and California
Meaghan prepares and reviews employment agreements, including offer letters and employment contracts, separation agreements, employee handbooks, non-competition, non-solicitation, and confidentiality agreements.
Prior to joining the firm, Meaghan served as senior law clerk to the Honorable Sharon Johnson Coleman in the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois.