Since the U.S. Supreme Court upheld the Affordable Care Act in June of 2012, Accountable Care Organizations (ACOs) are gaining traction across the country as a new form of health care delivery. As physicians weigh the pros and cons of participating in an ACO, they are finding that the terms of some ACO participation agreements are trickier than they anticipated.
On December 12, Albany partner Matt Amodeo presented a webinar designed to assist providers in evaluating the key terms and requirements of ACO participation agreements, and in determining whether participating in an ACO makes sense for their organization.
Program participants learned:
- The fundamentals of ACO operations and their function in the marketplace
- Evaluating the benefits and risks of joining an ACO
- Negotiable and non-negotiable terms of ACO participation agreements
- Exclusivity clauses
- “All-payors” clauses
- Medicare vs. Commercial ACOs
- Recent Medicare guidance concerning ACOs and ACO participation agreements
Negotiating ACO Participating Provider Agreements: Knowing Your Options from Drinker Biddle & Reath LLP on Vimeo.