Join us for a virtual program presented by Faegre Drinker’s Chicago Diversity Collective. This series of three one-hour panels will explore a range of topics of particular interest, including:
- Legal Ethics: Attorney-Client Privilege and Best Practices for Corporate Counsel
As part of their day-to-day duties, in-house attorneys are in constant communication with business colleagues, outside counsel and many others. This panel will provide an in-depth examination of the duty of confidentiality, attorney-client privilege, the attorney work product protection and related doctrines, with a specific focus on how these doctrines apply to in-house counsel’s communications.
- Working With Government: Lobbying (It's More Than You Think) and Minority/Women Business Contracting
Engaging in government relations activities is often an important part of a company’s business. Yet, there are complex lobbying compliance, government ethics and campaign finance laws that govern these activities. Government contractors are subject to many additional requirements, some of which pertain to the participation by businesses owned by minorities, women and persons in other socioeconomically disadvantaged classes. This panel will discuss these various laws and best practices for companies to comply with them.
- The New Conversation on Issues of Justice, Equity, Diversity and Inclusion in the Workplace: Is the Legal Landscape Ready?
Thought leaders will explore their experiences tackling the difficult issues of diversity, equity and inclusion in the legal workplace. Discussion topics will include the impact of societal events on our understanding of racial justice in the United States, the generational dynamics at play in the move towards change in the workplace and how the current landscape is affecting our well-being and progress.
We will circulate a formal agenda for the three panels in the coming weeks. In the meantime, we encourage you to register today and look forward to seeing you.
- Terri Ahrens, Assistant General Counsel, Litigation, US Foods
- Lenny D. Asaro, Partner, Faegre Drinker
- Yasmin N. Best, Partner, Faegre Drinker
- Cindy Irani, Counsel, Faegre Drinker
- Kaidi Johnson, Lead Counsel and Sr. Director, ESG, Motorola
- Maria L. H. Lewis, Chief Diversity Officer, Faegre Drinker
- Elizabeth Lopez, Managing Counsel, United
- Sulema Medrano Novak, Partner, Faegre Drinker
- Representative Curtis J. Tarver II, Illinois General Assembly, 25th District
Questions? Please contact Pamela Lashbrook or call +1 215 988 2483.