Investigating financial service providers to 401(k), 403(b) and other retirement plans for compliance with ERISA remains an area of focus for the U.S. Department of Labor (DOL) Employee Benefits Security Administration.
Members of Faegre Drinker’s ERISA financial services team explored what RIAs can expect if they are selected for an investigation and best practices for getting through an investigation and negotiating a favorable resolution as quickly and painlessly as possible.
The panel discussed such topics as:
- Reasons why your organization might be selected for an investigation
- How, and how quickly, you can expect the investigation to progress
- Managing the scope of document production and other informational requests, as well as interviews of your advisory and compliance personnel
- Current “hot topics” on the DOL’s enforcement radar, and what we see on the horizon
- Special issues relating to proprietary products and services, including their use by “in-house” retirement plans
- Negotiating resolutions, avoiding financial penalties and minimizing potential reputational risks
Download Written Materials
Questions? Please contact Heather Sanders or call +1 215 988 1127.