The Black Lives Matter movement has had a rapid and profound impact on building a workplace culture that promotes, values, and supports diversity and inclusion. This movement has left many organizational leaders, lawyers and Human Resources professionals firmly convinced that current equal protection measures are not doing enough to advance diversity, equity and inclusion, and determined to implement strategies, practices, and guidelines to advance these essential goals in a more urgent and meaningful way. Join Faegre Drinker labor and employment attorneys and our Chief Diversity Officer as they discuss strategies that lawyers and Human Resources professionals can utilize to guide compliant and lasting change for more diverse and inclusive workplaces.
Topics will include:
- How to increase awareness, through multiple methods, of equity, implicit and explicit bias, microaggressions, intent versus impact, harassment and bullying, and allyship
- Recruiting and retention considerations
- Developing workplace behavior and communication standards that take into account:
- The recent Frith v. Whole Foods Market, Inc. case from the U.S. District of Massachusetts
- NLRB and EEO regulations
- Social media
- Freedom of speech
- Recent trends in investigations and resolutions and what lawyers and employers can expect
- Contingency planning and how employers can ensure that they are prepared to respond appropriately and effectively
We will continue the conversation during several concurrent 30-minute breakout sessions following the hour-long plenary session.
Have a scheduling conflict? Register for the live event, and we’ll send you the on-demand recording shortly after the broadcast date.
QUESTIONS? Please contact Kassie L. Weld or call +1 612 766 7308.