Speaking Engagement Recap
December 08, 2020
SSBCI You Say?: The Challenges and Opportunities of New Medicare Advantage Supplemental Benefits
The Home and Community-Based Services (HCBS) Conference
Mike Adelberg, principal at Faegre Drinker Consulting, moderated a panel that discussed the scope of supplemental benefits of Medicare Advantage (MA) plans. In 2020, CMS expanded supplemental benefits further to allow for social services (e.g., housing supports, social isolation services) for specific populations. The panelists discussed questions including:
- What are the new benefits?
- What plans are offering them and where?
- How are D-SNPs offering these benefits?
- What are the challenges states, plans, and providers are facing with this policy shift and how are plans and providers overcoming these challenges?
- What are the implications of these changes?