Our alumni have forged diverse career paths and taken on interesting new adventures and personal challenges. They are thought leaders, industry experts, advisors, mentors, advocates, business executives, elected and appointed officials, and trusted professionals.
We are so proud of the contributions our alumni are continuously making to the legal and business communities, forever grateful for the time they spent with the firm, and honored that so many have stayed in touch with the firm and each other.
Here’s the latest news and moves of the past few months from our alumni community.
- Susan Wagner-Fleming (Corporate associate; Chicago) joined Jabil Inc. as Vice President, Deputy General Counsel and Corporate Secretary.
- Joe Mendoza (Corporate associate; Chicago) was promoted to Supervisory Special Agent with the Federal Bureau of Investigation Counterterrorism Division.
- Christy Bloomquist (Health Care associate; Washington, D.C.) was promoted to Vice President, Corporate Affairs at AstraZeneca.
- David Richter (associate; Florham Park) was promoted to Senior Director, State Government Affairs at PSEG.
- Jason Goitia (associate; Chicago) currently works for the United States Department of Agriculture in the National Organic Program and has been President of the National Association of Attorneys with Disabilities since May 2016. He is active in the ABA Business Law Section and was recently recognized for helping to organize the Young Lawyers Section of the Chicago Bar Association’s Access Success live/online networking event, which won the ABA Young Lawyers Division Embracing Diversity Challenge. The Embracing Diversity Challenge recognizes and awards top young lawyer organization programs that increase diversity in the legal profession.
- Scott Brevic (Litigation associate; Philadelphia) was promoted to Director of U.S. Investigations at Merck & Co. Inc. Scott has been with the company since 2005.
- Bennett Lasko (Litigation partner; Chicago) was selected as a Fellow of the Litigation Counsel of America and elected to the Board of Education of North Shore District 112, which operates the elementary schools serving Highland Park, Highwood and Fort Sheridan, Illinois.
- Ginene Lewis (Litigation associate; Philadelphia) was named to the “25 Young Lawyers on the Rise” list by the Philadelphia Business Journal. The list recognizes millennials who are beginning to make an impact on their industries in Greater Philadelphia. Ginene is Associate Counsel, Litigation & Shareholder Services at The Vanguard Group.
- Patrick Harrington (Life Insurance and Annuities associate; Philadelphia) joined Dilworth Paxson LLP as an associate in May 2017.
- Nancy Hendrickson (Litigation partner; Chicago) joined Kaufman Dolowich & Voluck, LLP as a partner in May 2017.
- Eric Kassab (Corporate associate; Philadelphia) welcomed a new baby boy, Eric, to his family. Eric is an associate at Potter Anderson & Corroon LLP in Wilmington, DE.
- Grant Nichols (Insurance associate; Philadelphia) joined JLT Specialty USA as Senior Vice President and Senior Broker. In this role Grant will focus on brokering complex environmental insurance programs.
- In March 2017, Chaz Wampold (Private Client of counsel; Princeton) successfully defended his doctoral dissertation at the Center for Human Sexuality Studies (CHSS) at Widener University. His dissertation challenged key assumptions underlying one of the most studied phenomena in male sexual orientation research—a phenomenon known as the fraternal birth order effect. Chaz received the CHSS award for Outstanding Dissertation. At the end of May, Chaz will present his research findings in Prague at the 23rd Congress of the World Association for Sexual Health.
- Dan Reilly (IP associate; Philadelphia) was promoted to Lead Counsel at ARRIS.
- Michael Osterhoff (IP associate; Chicago) was named General Counsel at True Health Diagnostics in March 2017.
- At the Annual Association of Fundraising Professionals (AFP) Chicago Faces of Philanthropy awards luncheon on May 5, Jim Parsons (Corporate partner; Chicago), President at the Brinson Foundation, received the Professional Grantor Award. This award is given to a corporate or foundation giving officer for his/her professionalism and support to the nonprofit community.
- Theodore Seto (Litigation partner; Philadelphia) and his wife, Sande, along with their two 14-year olds, have spent the last year in Oxford, United Kingdom while on sabbatical from their teaching responsibilities at Loyola Law School, Los Angeles. Theodore is Academic Visitor to the Faculty of Law at Oxford University and is studying philosophy and writing in tax and philosophy. His two largest projects are a book applying cultural evolutionary theory to problems in metaethics and epistemology, and a treatise/textbook on tax policy. While abroad, Theodore and his family have spent time traveling through France, Italy, Austria, the Czech Republic, Wales, Scotland and other locales. When Theodore and his family return to the States, he will be teaching tax and property law, teaching in the school's graduate tax program (fifth-ranked in the United States and which he helped found), and guest-teaching property law at UC Irvine. At Loyola, Theodore also holds the Hon. Frederick J. Lower, Jr. Chair and Sande serves as Clinical Professor and Director of the Public Interest Law Program.
- Women's Way named Audrey Talley (Investment Management partner; Philadelphia) as one of its “40 Powerful Voices for Women.” Audrey was recognized at the 40th annual Powerful Voice Awards in Philadelphia on May 11. The awards celebrate women trailblazers and change-makers in the region and around the country. The event is Women’s Way’s largest fundraising event. Audrey is currently a Team Managing Attorney at the National Litigation Law Group based in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma.
- Anita Cicero (Government and Regulatory Affairs partner; Washington, D.C.) is Deputy Director and COO at the Center for Health Security which recently became part of the Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health. The Center was awarded a three-year, $16 million grant from the Open Philanthropy Project to support its work on strengthening health security and public health preparedness, and on preventing and preparing for the most serious global biological risks. Anita has been with the Center since 2010.
- Alan M. Di Sciullo (Litigation associate; Florham Park) had an article titled “Risk Allocation Issues in Commercial Leases-Updated” published in the Corporate Real Estate Journal, Vol. 6, No. 2 (Winter 2016-2017) and recently appeared as a panelist on commercial leasing issues for PLI and the ABA. Alan was also recognized for 25 years of teaching service as an adjunct professor at New York University’s Schack Institute of Real Estate, where he has taught courses in Commercial Leasing, Real Estate Law, Negotiation and Land Use. Alan is currently the director of global real estate for Shearman & Sterling LLP.
- Clare Coleman (Litigation associate; Philadelphia) is now an Associate Teaching Professor of Law at the Kline School of Law at Drexel University and the Director of International Student Programs.
- David Almeida (Litigation partner; Chicago) joined Benesch Law as a partner.
- Brian Sgrignoli (Litigation associate; Philadelphia) was promoted to Chief Privacy Officer at PHH Corporation.
- Carrie O’Brien (Labor and Employment associate; Chicago) joined Reyes Holdings as Senior Employment Counsel.
- Joy Fontaine-Agyei (Corporate associate; Philadelphia) welcomed a new baby girl to her family in early April.
- Nancy Washington (associate; Florham Park) was named General Counsel and Senior Vice President of New Jersey Resources.
- Krista Kron (Real Estate associate; Chicago) was named General Counsel for Hamra Enterprises in April 2017.
- Scott Coffina (Litigation partner; Philadelphia) was confirmed as the replacement for Burlington County, N.J., Prosecutor Robert D. Bernardi at a Senate hearing on March 13, and was sworn in on March 31, 2017.
- Peter Adler (Corporate partner; Washington, D.C.) joined Accenture as Senior Counsel, Cybersecurity and Technology Offerings and Services.
- Frank Connell (Labor and Employment partner; Philadelphia) retired from the Oregon Department of Justice and has established a labor arbitration practice in Portland, Oregon.
- Dr. Tekisha Dwan Everette, Executive Director at Health Equity Solutions, (Government and Regulatory Affairs Senior Government Relations Manager; Washington, D.C.) was honored at The 100 Women of Color Gala and Awards event on March 24, 2017. The event recognized the contributions that women in business, education, entrepreneurship, entertainment and service have made to impact the lives of those throughout their communities.
Have you recently changed jobs, been promoted or been honored with an award? Maybe you published a book or other work, got married, or had a child or grandchild.
To share your accomplishments and any professional or personal news with your alumni community in the summer edition of Alumni News and Moves, email Abby.Raanan@faegredrinker.com. Send us your photos, too, or tell us about other alumni who might have an update to share so that we may contact them.