Faegre Baker Daniels invites second-year law students committed to contributing meaningfully to diversity and inclusion in the legal profession to apply for its 2017 Diversity & Inclusion Fellowship program.
FaegreBD offers up to four Fellowships annually that provide professional experience and mentorship to second-year law students from populations historically underrepresented in the legal profession.
Fellowship awardees will each receive:
- A 10-week paid summer clerkship as a summer associate in the firm’s Chicago, Denver, Des Moines, Fort Wayne, Indianapolis, Minneapolis, Silicon Valley, South Bend or Washington, D.C. office in 2017.
- Formal education, training programs and hands-on legal experience through FaegreBD’s summer program.
- Guidance from a mentor lawyer.
- A $10,000 stipend at the conclusion of the summer associate term.
- Eligibility for consideration for full-time employment as an associate with the firm.
Applicants for the Diversity Fellowship must be enrolled in a J.D. program at an accredited U.S. law school with an anticipated graduation date of 2018.
Candidates must complete the online application, including a cover letter indicating office preference, a resume, a law school transcript, and a two-page personal statement describing how or why they will contribute meaningfully to diversity and inclusion at Faegre Baker Daniels and/or in the legal profession.
For more information and to complete the application, visit FaegreBD.com/Fellowship. Students are encouraged to submit their application materials as soon as possible.
The Fellowship program supports Faegre Baker Daniels' ongoing commitment to advancing diversity in the legal profession. FaegreBD invests in recruiting a diverse workforce by supporting pipeline programs, attending multiple diversity job fairs and conducting on-campus outreach to diverse law student populations. For more information, visit FaegreBD.com/Diversity and FaegreBD.com/Legal-Careers-Summer-Associate-Program.